This work was published in the 1980 catalogue of the Brussels Royal Museum of Arts
Mirko Orlandini (1928-1996) was born in Ancona Italy. He studied in Ravenna and from 1956 he worked in Brussels Belgium where he turned to ceramics. He is largely self-taught and has become truly aware of the potter's art by seeing the ceramics of Antoine de Vinck and Simon du Chastel. He did a brief internship at the latter. He participated to exhibitions in France, Geramny, Italy, Canada, Poland, Spain, Turkey, Sweden, Russia, switserland and Japan. In 1978 he won the first prize in the Faenza ceramics competition. His work is represented in the state collection of the Ryal Art Museum of Brussels, the museum of Faenza and many others.